Sunday, May 2, 2010

I'm Gettin' This Stuff Down

It's taken a lot of reading, practice, failure and patience....but I do believe I'm finally starting to get better :) The trick?

No Dairy
No Carbs
No sugar
No Alcohol
No Coffee

Lotsa eggs. Lotsa Quinoa. Lotsa Keifer. Lotsa Chicken, Turkey and Fish. Lotsa Almonds. Lotsa Water and tea. LOTSA VEGGIES PEOPLE.

Is this a formula for everyone? Absolutely not. But I finally have found what works for me. Now the only challenge left is to get creative....which I have.

Recipes to come...

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are "gettin' it for you". Your comment that "Is this a formula for everyone? Absolutely not." was very important. I have a friend that swells up like a balloon whenever she eats chicken. She said after 1-1/2 years of not eating it, she had some and gained 6 lbs in one night! ahhhh! How so unique we have been created!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Yeah there are some foods that definitely make me "swell" like coffee and pasta. Totally can gain 5-10lbs in one or days with those foods :) Both NOT on the Candida diet so just one more reason to avoid them. Yes, one of the main principles of the book I've been reading (Body Ecology Diet by Donna Gates) is that each person is unique and needs to figure out how to eat for THEIR body :) So so true....

    ReplyDelete